Zookambi, Potter Park Zoo’s educational summer day camp, begins Monday, June 15 offering children a variety of hands-on experiences, animal...
Welcome to the naturally wild world of Potter Park Zoo! Our Newsroom contains recent news releases and media materials from Potter Park Zoo and Zoo Society. Our public relations staff is available to assist with story development, interviews and logistics for news and feature media.
For more information regarding Potter Park Zoo or to arrange a media visit, contact the Marketing and Public Relations Department by calling (517) 342-2772 or by email.
Zoo Media Policy
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- We promise to help make your story a great one; however, the staff of the Potter Park Zoo may occasionally set guidelines and limitations to ensure the safety of our animals and Zoo guests.
- If you would like to set up a meeting with a Zoo or Society employee please contact the Marketing and Public Relations Department; after all, we are here to make your job fun and easy.
- As much as we’d like to go above and beyond where a great story is concerned, quarantine areas are off limits to media. But hey, there’s a whole zoo to explore!
- Potter Park Zoo staff would like your visit to be a memorable one; therefore, special permission is required to enter Zoo exhibits and off-exhibit areas. We will be sure to help you get to where you need to go!
- Need a vehicle on Zoo grounds to make your story complete? No worries! Our media team is happy to help.
Our press releases detail major events at the Zoo. Whether it’s an animal birth or a new exhibit opening, these releases allow you or your news organization to receive the latest news quickly.
To be included on Potter Park Zoo’s media and/or press release distribution list, please email us with your name, title, affiliation and contact information.
Potter Park Zoo staffers bid farewell to barnyard animal
Amy Morris, APR